Senior Living in 06855 (Norwalk, CT)
- 06855 has a SeniorScore® of 75, which is the 2nd highest of any zip code in Norwalk, CT.
- 06855 scores the same as the Norwalk, CT average of 75.
- 06855 scores the same as the Connecticut average of 75.
- 06855 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Norwalk Hospital Association and Norwalk Hospital).
- There are 26 senior living facilities in the area, including Maplewood at Strawberry Hill, Elderhouse, and Cassena Care at Norwalk.
- There are 8 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 15 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 98 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (25% of the total population).
- There are 91 golf courses nearby, including Shorehaven Golf Club, Sier Crest Course at Silvermine Golf Club, and Oak Hills Park Golf Course.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Earthplace and Sherwood Island State Park).
- There are 49 churches nearby, including East Avenue United Methodist, Hungarian Reformed Church, and Saint Joseph\'s Church.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 6.06% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.30% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.85%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Connecticut has a low average state income tax rate of 3.20%.
- The area has an average household income of $96,370, which is in the top 10% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $77,051, which is in the top 11% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $45,960, which is in the top 5% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $75,240 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $162,973 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $18,720 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $54,637 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.85%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 06855 has a dense population density of 3,322.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a low public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 87.34%.