Senior Living in 06880 (Westport, CT)
- 06880 scores the same as the Westport, CT average of 77.
- 06880 scores higher than the Connecticut average of 75.
- 06880 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Norwalk Hospital Association and Norwalk Hospital).
- There are 31 senior living facilities in the area, including Maplewood Senior Living, Westport Health Care Center, and Fairview Healthcare Center of Fairfield.
- There are 10 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 21 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 128 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (30% of the total population).
- There are 72 golf courses nearby, including Birchwood Country Club, Westport Longshore Golf Club, and Shorehaven Golf Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Earthplace, Sherwood Island State Park, and Connecticut Audubon Society at Larsen Sanctuary.
- There are 54 churches nearby, including Temple Israel Early Childhood, Christ & Holy Trinity Chr Ofc, and Assumption Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 6.06% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.30% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.85%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Connecticut has a low average state income tax rate of 3.20%.
- The area has an average household income of $255,877, which is in the top 1% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $155,123, which is in the top 1% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $93,171, which is in the top 1% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $75,240 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $162,973 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $18,720 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $54,637 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.01%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 06880 has an average population density of 1,324.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a low public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 97.43%.