Senior Living in 06883 (Weston, CT)
- 06883 scores the same as the Weston, CT average of 80.
- 06883 scores higher than the Connecticut average of 75.
- 06883 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 40 senior living facilities in the area, including The Greens at Cannondale, Meadow Ridge Retirement Community, and Ogden House.
- There are 11 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 30 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 130 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (25% of the total population).
- There are 87 golf courses nearby, including Aspetuck Valley Country Club, Rolling Hills Country Club, and Connecticut Golf Club.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including Devil\'s Den Nature Preserve, Connecticut Audubon Society at Larsen Sanctuary, and Weir Farm National Historic Site.
- There are 65 churches nearby, including St Francis of Assisi Rectory, Saint Francis of Assisi Church, and Norfield Congregational Church.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 6.06% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.30% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.85%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Connecticut has a low average state income tax rate of 3.20%.
- The area has an average household income of $276,024, which is in the top 1% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $205,563, which is in the top 1% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $88,161, which is in the top 1% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $75,240 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $162,973 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $18,720 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $54,637 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.46%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 06883 has an average population density of 514.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a low public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 98.76%.