Senior Living in 06896 (Redding, CT)
- 06896 scores the same as the Redding, CT average of 83.
- 06896 scores significantly higher than the Connecticut average of 75.
- 06896 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Danbury Hospital).
- There are 47 senior living facilities in the area, including Meadow Ridge Retirement Community, Laurel Ridge Health Care Cente, and Benchmark Senior Living at Ridgefield Crossings.
- There are 9 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 44 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 188 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (32% of the total population).
- There are 109 golf courses nearby, including Redding Country Club, Connecticut Golf Club, and Aspetuck Valley Country Club.
- There are 6 parks nearby, including Putnam Memorial State Park, Huntington State Park, and Devil\'s Den Nature Preserve.
- There are 99 churches nearby, including First Church of Christ, Bethlehem Lutheran Church Elca, and First Church of Christ.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 6.06% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.30% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.85%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Connecticut has a low average state income tax rate of 3.20%.
- The area has an average household income of $164,271, which is in the top 2% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $114,947, which is in the top 2% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $64,426, which is in the top 2% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $75,240 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $162,973 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $18,720 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $54,637 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.04%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 06896 has a sparse population density of 289.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a low public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 97.82%.