Senior Living in 06905 (Stamford, CT)
- 06905 has a SeniorScore® of 77, which is the 2nd highest of any zip code in Stamford, CT.
- 06905 scores higher than the Stamford, CT average of 72.
- 06905 scores higher than the Connecticut average of 75.
- 06905 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 5 hospitals nearby, including Stamford Hospital, Greenwich Hospital Association, and Silver Hill Hospital.
- There are 31 senior living facilities in the area, including Brighton Gardens of Stamford, Long Ridge of Stamford, and Atria Stamford.
- There are 10 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 21 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 152 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (27% of the total population).
- There are 116 golf courses nearby, including Sterling Farms Golf Course, E. Gaynor Brennan Golf Course, and Country Club of Darien.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Bartlett Arboretum & Gardens and New Canaan Nature Center).
- There are 102 churches nearby, including Union Baptist Church, St Cecilia\'s Church, and St Gabriel Rectory.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 6.06% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.30% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.85%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Connecticut has a low average state income tax rate of 3.20%.
- The area has an average household income of $126,454, which is in the top 4% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $93,574, which is in the top 5% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $50,774, which is in the top 4% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $75,240 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $162,973 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $18,720 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $54,637 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.66%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has above average water quality.
- 06905 has a dense population density of 3,955.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a low public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 93.99%.