Senior Living in 07001 (Avenel, NJ)
- 07001 scores the same as the Avenel, NJ average of 69.
- 07001 scores lower than the New Jersey average of 76.
- 07001 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital At Rahway and Woodbridge Development Center).
- There are 29 senior living facilities in the area, including Alaris Health at Riverton, Care One at The Highlands, and RWJ University Hospital at Rahway - Kindred Hospital LTACH.
- There are 6 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 30 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 156 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (20% of the total population).
- There are 54 golf courses nearby, including Colonia Country Club, Colonia Country Club, and Oak Ridge Golf Course.
- There is 1 park nearby (Clay Pit Ponds State Park Preserve)..
- There are 58 churches nearby, including St Andrew\'s Roman Catholic Chr, First Presbyterian Church, and St Anthony\'s Church.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 6.65% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.76% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- New Jersey has a very low average state income tax rate of 2.43%.
- The area has an average household income of $80,584, which is in the top 18% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $70,721, which is in the top 15% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $24,188, which is in the top 45% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $83,400 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,616 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,970 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.41%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 07001 has a dense population density of 4,311.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 86.38%.