Senior Living in 07002 (Bayonne, NJ)
- 07002 scores the same as the Bayonne, NJ average of 64.
- 07002 scores significantly lower than the New Jersey average of 76.
- 07002 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Bayonne Hospital Center).
- There are 19 senior living facilities in the area, including Bayonne Medical Center Transitional Care Services, Harbor Terrace, and Staten Island Care Center.
- There are 4 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 13 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 76 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (25% of the total population).
- There are 39 golf courses nearby, including Silver Lake Golf Course, Weequahic Park Golf Course, and Richmond County Country Club.
- There is 1 park nearby (Snug Harbor Cultural Center & Botanical Garden)..
- There are 19 churches nearby, including Fencik John, Friendship Baptist Church, and Our Lady of Assumption.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 7.51% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.67% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- New Jersey has a very low average state income tax rate of 2.43%.
- The area has an average household income of $71,001, which is in the top 27% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $55,714, which is in the top 32% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $29,548, which is in the top 24% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $83,400 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,616 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,970 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.58%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 07002 has a very dense population density of 10,785.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 86.12%.