Senior Living in 07003 (Bloomfield, NJ)
- 07003 scores the same as the Bloomfield, NJ average of 68.
- 07003 scores significantly lower than the New Jersey average of 76.
- 07003 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Mountainside Hospital and Clara Maass Medical Center).
- There are 51 senior living facilities in the area, including The Parkview, HackensackUMC Mountainside\'s Transitional Care Unit, and The Woodlands.
- There are 4 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 6 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 144 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (24% of the total population).
- There are 53 golf courses nearby, including Glen Ridge Country Club, Hendricks Field Golf Course, and Forest Hill Field Club.
- There are no parks nearby.
- There are 55 churches nearby, including Brookdale Baptist Church, New Light Baptist Church, and Union Baptist Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 8.55% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.05% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- New Jersey has a very low average state income tax rate of 2.43%.
- The area has an average household income of $78,186, which is in the top 20% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $65,800, which is in the top 19% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $31,219, which is in the top 20% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $83,400 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,616 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,970 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.86%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 07003 has a very dense population density of 8,947.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 90.17%.