Senior Living in 07008 (Carteret, NJ)
- 07008 scores the same as the Carteret, NJ average of 70.
- 07008 scores lower than the New Jersey average of 76.
- 07008 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital At Rahway and Woodbridge Development Center).
- There are 30 senior living facilities in the area, including Alaris Health at Riverton, Delaire Nursing and Conv Center, and St Joseph\'s Senior Home.
- There are 5 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 25 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 190 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (21% of the total population).
- There are 54 golf courses nearby, including South Shore Golf Course, Colonia Country Club, and Colonia Country Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Freshkills Park, Clay Pit Ponds State Park Preserve, and Bloomingdale Park.
- There are 84 churches nearby, including Holy Family Church, St Elizabeth\'s Roman Catholic, and St Joseph Church.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 6.65% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.76% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- New Jersey has a very low average state income tax rate of 2.43%.
- The area has an average household income of $76,230, which is in the top 22% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $63,633, which is in the top 21% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $26,511, which is in the top 34% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $83,400 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,616 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,970 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 12.48%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 07008 has a dense population density of 5,133.5 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 84.33%.