Senior Living in 07017 (East Orange, NJ)
- 07017 has a SeniorScore® of 62, which is the 2nd highest of any zip code in East Orange, NJ.
- 07017 scores the same as the East Orange, NJ average of 62.
- 07017 scores significantly lower than the New Jersey average of 76.
- 07017 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 4 hospitals nearby, including Columbus Hospital, Va New Jersey Health Care System, and East Orange General Hospital.
- There are 47 senior living facilities in the area, including Park Crescent Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, Bishop Taylor Manor, and Prospect Park Apartments.
- There are 4 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 12 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 107 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (23% of the total population).
- There are 53 golf courses nearby, including Glen Ridge Country Club, Hendricks Field Golf Course, and Forest Hill Field Club.
- There are no parks nearby.
- There are 76 churches nearby, including Mt Olive Baptist Church, Holy Name of Jesus Church, and New Vision Full Gospel Baptist.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 8.55% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.05% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- New Jersey has a very low average state income tax rate of 2.43%.
- The area has an average household income of $51,028, which is in the top 68% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $41,328, which is in the top 66% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $21,632, which is in the top 60% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $83,400 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,616 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,970 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 17.07%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 07017 has a very dense population density of 16,068.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 81.96%.