Senior Living in 07018 (East Orange, NJ)
- 07018 has a SeniorScore® of 63, which is the highest of any zip code in East Orange, NJ.
- 07018 scores higher than the East Orange, NJ average of 62.
- 07018 scores significantly lower than the New Jersey average of 76.
- 07018 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 5 hospitals nearby, including Va New Jersey Health Care System, East Orange General Hospital, and Hospital Center At Orange.
- There are 48 senior living facilities in the area, including Harrison Arms Apartments, Oakwood Towers, and Brookhaven Health Care Center.
- There are 4 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 16 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 124 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (21% of the total population).
- There are 53 golf courses nearby, including Essex County Country Club, Crestmont Country Club, and Francis Byrne Golf Course.
- There are no parks nearby.
- There are 117 churches nearby, including Messiah Baptist Church, Calvary Baptist Church, and Peaceful Zion Baptist Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 8.55% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.05% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- New Jersey has a very low average state income tax rate of 2.43%.
- The area has an average household income of $51,589, which is in the top 66% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $38,308, which is in the top 74% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $21,020, which is in the top 64% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $83,400 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,616 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,970 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 20.39%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 07018 has a very dense population density of 16,788.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 82.63%.