Senior Living in 07026 (Garfield, NJ)
- 07026 scores the same as the Garfield, NJ average of 65.
- 07026 scores significantly lower than the New Jersey average of 76.
- 07026 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including St Mary\'s Hospital, Passaic, Beth Israel Hospital, and St Mary\'s Hospital.
- There are 21 senior living facilities in the area, including Hamilton Plaza Nursing and Rehab, Chestnut Hill Residence, and Altair.
- There are 3 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 20 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 141 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (23% of the total population).
- There are 53 golf courses nearby, including The East/West Course at Upper Montclair Country Club, Arcola Country Club, and Orchard Hills Golf Club.
- There are no parks nearby.
- There are 61 churches nearby, including Calvary Baptist Church, Our Lady of Sorrows Church, and Our Lady of Mt Virgin Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 8.29% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.76% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- New Jersey has a very low average state income tax rate of 2.43%.
- The area has an average household income of $64,487, which is in the top 37% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $51,166, which is in the top 41% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $24,740, which is in the top 42% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $83,400 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,616 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,970 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.86%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 07026 has a very dense population density of 14,028.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 82.22%.