Senior Living in 07027 (Garwood, NJ)
- 07027 scores the same as the Garwood, NJ average of 80.
- 07027 scores higher than the New Jersey average of 76.
- 07027 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 9 hospitals nearby, including Children\'s Specialized Hosp, Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital At Rahway, and Union Hospital.
- There are 58 senior living facilities in the area, including Cranford Park Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, Sunrise of Westfield, and Westfield Center.
- There are 6 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 59 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 550 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (27% of the total population).
- There are 81 golf courses nearby, including Hyatt Hills Golf Course, Echo Lake Country Club, and Oak Ridge Golf Course.
- There is 1 park nearby (Watchung Reservation)..
- There are 219 churches nearby, including St Anne Church, St Paul\'s United Church, and Temple Beth-El Mekor Chayim.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 8.05% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.87% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- New Jersey has a very low average state income tax rate of 2.43%.
- The area has an average household income of $88,159, which is in the top 14% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $75,556, which is in the top 12% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $35,344, which is in the top 13% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $83,400 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,616 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,970 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.54%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 07027 has a dense population density of 6,364.5 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 91.27%.