Senior Living in 07029 (Harrison, NJ)
- 07029 scores the same as the Harrison, NJ average of 68.
- 07029 scores significantly lower than the New Jersey average of 76.
- 07029 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 5 hospitals nearby, including Saint Michael\'s Medical Center, Inc, Mt Carmel Behavioral System, and Saint Michael\'s Medical Center.
- There are 30 senior living facilities in the area, including Alaris Health at Kearny, Alaris Health at Belgrove, and Broadway House For Continuing.
- There are 3 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 28 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 107 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (19% of the total population).
- There are 52 golf courses nearby, including Weequahic Park Golf Course, Hendricks Field Golf Course, and Forest Hill Field Club.
- There are no parks nearby.
- There are 54 churches nearby, including Abundant Life Evangelical Comm, Out Lady of Czestochowa, and Holy Cross Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 7.51% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.67% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- New Jersey has a very low average state income tax rate of 2.43%.
- The area has an average household income of $65,203, which is in the top 36% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $53,158, which is in the top 37% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $23,227, which is in the top 51% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $83,400 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,616 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,970 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.13%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 07029 has a very dense population density of 12,271.1 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 78.33%.