Senior Living in 07032 (Kearny, NJ)
- 07032 scores the same as the Kearny, NJ average of 70.
- 07032 scores lower than the New Jersey average of 76.
- 07032 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 10 hospitals nearby, including West Hudson Hospital, Saint James Hospital, and Mt Carmel Behavioral System.
- There are 58 senior living facilities in the area, including Alaris Health at Kearny, Alaris Health at Belgrove, and New Vista Nursing and Rehabilitation Center!.
- There are 12 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 47 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 312 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (22% of the total population).
- There are 68 golf courses nearby, including Hendricks Field Golf Course, Forest Hill Field Club, and Weequahic Park Golf Course.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Laurel Hill Park and Lincoln Park).
- There are 134 churches nearby, including St Cecilia\'s Church, St Stephen\'s Church, and Our Lady of Sorrows.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 7.51% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.67% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- New Jersey has a very low average state income tax rate of 2.43%.
- The area has an average household income of $73,412, which is in the top 25% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $61,343, which is in the top 24% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $25,582, which is in the top 38% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $83,400 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,616 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,970 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 11.56%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 07032 has a dense population density of 4,635.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 79.91%.