Senior Living in 07036 (Linden, NJ)
- 07036 scores the same as the Linden, NJ average of 73.
- 07036 scores lower than the New Jersey average of 76.
- 07036 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 5 hospitals nearby, including Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital At Rahway, Trinitas Regional Medical Center, and Trinitas Hospital.
- There are 59 senior living facilities in the area, including Delaire Nursing and Conv Center, Alaris Health at Riverton, and Plaza Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center.
- There are 10 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 59 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 459 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (26% of the total population).
- There are 72 golf courses nearby, including Roselle Golf Club, Oak Ridge Golf Course, and Hyatt Hills Golf Course.
- There is 1 park nearby (Freshkills Park)..
- There are 187 churches nearby, including Greater Mount Moriah Baptist, First Baptist Church of Linden, and Holy Family Roman Catholic Chr.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 8.05% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.87% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- New Jersey has a very low average state income tax rate of 2.43%.
- The area has an average household income of $70,588, which is in the top 28% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $58,316, which is in the top 28% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $27,459, which is in the top 31% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $83,400 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,616 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,970 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.47%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 07036 has a dense population density of 3,867.5 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 83.75%.