Senior Living in 07043 (Montclair, NJ)
- 07043 has a SeniorScore® of 80, which is the highest of any zip code in Montclair, NJ.
- 07043 scores higher than the Montclair, NJ average of 79.
- 07043 scores higher than the New Jersey average of 76.
- 07043 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 6 hospitals nearby, including Essex County Hospital Center, Mountainside Hospital, and St Mary\'s Hospital, Passaic.
- There are 68 senior living facilities in the area, including The Memorial Home of Upper Montclair, Horizon Manor North, and Waterview Center.
- There are 6 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 30 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 350 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (25% of the total population).
- There are 74 golf courses nearby, including The East/West Course at Upper Montclair Country Club, Glen Ridge Country Club, and Hendricks Field Golf Course.
- There is 1 park nearby (Eagle Rock Reservation)..
- There are 135 churches nearby, including St Cassians Parish Ctr, Montclair Community Church, and St James\' Episcopal Church.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 8.55% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.05% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- New Jersey has a very low average state income tax rate of 2.43%.
- The area has an average household income of $197,762, which is in the top 1% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $152,750, which is in the top 1% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $65,493, which is in the top 2% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $83,400 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,616 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,970 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.56%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 07043 has a dense population density of 4,670.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 98.29%.