Senior Living in 07050 (Orange, NJ)
- 07050 scores the same as the Orange, NJ average of 61.
- 07050 scores significantly lower than the New Jersey average of 76.
- 07050 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Hospital Center At Orange, Va New Jersey Health Care System, and East Orange General Hospital.
- There are 50 senior living facilities in the area, including Alaris Health at St Mary\'s, Oakwood Towers, and Harrison Arms Apartments.
- There are 4 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 13 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 95 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (21% of the total population).
- There are 58 golf courses nearby, including Essex County Country Club, Crestmont Country Club, and Francis Byrne Golf Course.
- There are no parks nearby.
- There are 75 churches nearby, including Bethel Baptist Church, Mt Carmel Baptist Church, and Ebenezer Baptist Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 8.55% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.05% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- New Jersey has a very low average state income tax rate of 2.43%.
- The area has an average household income of $49,808, which is in the top 71% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $39,818, which is in the top 70% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $19,453, which is in the top 73% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $83,400 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,616 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,970 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 12.33%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 07050 has a very dense population density of 13,639.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very low education attainment of 76.58%.