Senior Living in 07063 (Plainfield, NJ)
- 07063 has a SeniorScore® of 64, which is the 2nd highest of any zip code in Plainfield, NJ.
- 07063 scores higher than the Plainfield, NJ average of 62.
- 07063 scores significantly lower than the New Jersey average of 76.
- 07063 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Muhlenberg Reg Med Center).
- There are 28 senior living facilities in the area, including Memory Care Living Green Brook, Abingdon Care and Rehabilitation Center, and Aristacare at Norwood Terrace.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 20 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 104 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (17% of the total population).
- There are 70 golf courses nearby, including Twin Brooks Country Club, Warrenbrook Golf Course, and Plainfield Country Club.
- There is 1 park nearby (Washington Rock)..
- There are 64 churches nearby, including Church of Jesus Christ of Lds, Agape Worship Center Aog, and Trinity Reformed Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 8.05% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.87% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- New Jersey has a very low average state income tax rate of 2.43%.
- The area has an average household income of $79,007, which is in the top 20% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $65,697, which is in the top 19% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $23,268, which is in the top 50% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $83,400 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,616 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,970 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 11.18%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 3% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 07063 has a dense population density of 7,434.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very low education attainment of 74.81%.