Senior Living in 07064 (Port Reading, NJ)
- 07064 scores the same as the Port Reading, NJ average of 86.
- 07064 scores significantly higher than the New Jersey average of 76.
- 07064 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Woodbridge Development Center, Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital At Rahway, and Raritan Bay Medical Center.
- There are 43 senior living facilities in the area, including St Joseph\'s Senior Home, Amboy Care Center, and Alaris Health at Riverton.
- There are 7 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 48 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 325 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (27% of the total population).
- There are 80 golf courses nearby, including Colonia Country Club, Colonia Country Club, and South Shore Golf Course.
- There are 8 parks nearby, including Clay Pit Ponds State Park Preserve, Bloomingdale Park, and Freshkills Park.
- There are 136 churches nearby, including St Anthony\'s Church, St Elizabeth\'s Roman Catholic, and Holy Family Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 6.65% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.76% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- New Jersey has a very low average state income tax rate of 2.43%.
- The area has an average household income of $74,827, which is in the top 23% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $68,147, which is in the top 17% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $28,177, which is in the top 28% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $83,400 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,616 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,970 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.48%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 07064 has a dense population density of 2,701.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 89.16%.