Senior Living in 07078 (Short Hills, NJ)
- 07078 scores the same as the Short Hills, NJ average of 85.
- 07078 scores significantly higher than the New Jersey average of 76.
- 07078 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 11 hospitals nearby, including Overlook Hospital, Charter Behavioral Hlth Syst, and Saint Barnabas Medical Center.
- There are 97 senior living facilities in the area, including Spring Meadows Summit, CareOne at Livingston , and Care One at Livingston.
- There are 10 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 47 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 471 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (23% of the total population).
- There are 85 golf courses nearby, including Millburn Municipal Golf Course, East Orange Golf Course, and North Course at Canoe Brook Country Club.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including South Mountain Reservation, Becker Park, and Watchung Reservation.
- There are 194 churches nearby, including Christ Church in Short Hills, Community Congregational Chr, and B\'Nai Jeshurun A Reform.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 8.55% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.05% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- New Jersey has a very low average state income tax rate of 2.43%.
- The area has an average household income of $353,820, which is in the top 1% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $228,726, which is in the top 1% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $106,968, which is in the top 1% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $83,400 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,616 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,970 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 2.87%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 07078 has a dense population density of 2,047.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 98.45%.