Senior Living in 07079 (South Orange, NJ)
- 07079 scores the same as the South Orange, NJ average of 79.
- 07079 scores higher than the New Jersey average of 76.
- 07079 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 8 hospitals nearby, including Hospital Center At Orange, Irvington General Hospital, and Va New Jersey Health Care System.
- There are 70 senior living facilities in the area, including White House Healthcare and Rehab Center, Brookhaven Health Care Center, and Alaris Health at West Orange.
- There are 7 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 33 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 334 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (22% of the total population).
- There are 74 golf courses nearby, including Maplewood Country Club, Essex County Country Club, and Crestmont Country Club.
- There is 1 park nearby (South Mountain Reservation)..
- There are 204 churches nearby, including Our Lady of Sorrows Roman, First Baptist Church, and St Andrew & Holy Communion.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 8.55% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.05% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- New Jersey has a very low average state income tax rate of 2.43%.
- The area has an average household income of $158,115, which is in the top 2% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $131,711, which is in the top 1% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $50,109, which is in the top 4% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $83,400 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,616 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,970 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.96%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 07079 has a dense population density of 5,708.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 95.23%.