Senior Living in 07081 (Springfield, NJ)
- 07081 scores the same as the Springfield, NJ average of 84.
- 07081 scores significantly higher than the New Jersey average of 76.
- 07081 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 6 hospitals nearby, including Children\'s Specialized Hosp, Overlook Hospital, and Charter Behavioral Hlth Syst.
- There are 71 senior living facilities in the area, including Springfield Senior Citizens Housing, Spring Meadows Summit, and ManorCare Health Services-Mountainside.
- There are 8 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 53 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 432 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (31% of the total population).
- There are 84 golf courses nearby, including Lower Course at Baltusrol Golf Club, North Course at Canoe Brook Country Club, and East Orange Golf Course.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Watchung Reservation and South Mountain Reservation).
- There are 185 churches nearby, including Antioch Baptist Church, St James Roman Catholic Church, and Evangel Baptist Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 8.05% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.87% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- New Jersey has a very low average state income tax rate of 2.43%.
- The area has an average household income of $106,298, which is in the top 7% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $88,135, which is in the top 7% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $46,241, which is in the top 5% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $83,400 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,616 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,970 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.49%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 07081 has a dense population density of 3,056.5 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 94.58%.