Senior Living in 07088 (Vauxhall, NJ)
- 07088 scores the same as the Vauxhall, NJ average of 78.
- 07088 scores higher than the New Jersey average of 76.
- 07088 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 17 hospitals nearby, including Union Hospital, Irvington General Hospital, and Newark Beth Israel Medical Center.
- There are 93 senior living facilities in the area, including South Mountain Hc, Retirement Strategies Group, LLC, and Alaris Health at Essex.
- There are 8 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 72 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 663 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (28% of the total population).
- There are 84 golf courses nearby, including Maplewood Country Club, Eighteen Hole Course at Galloping Hill Golf Course, and Suburban Golf Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (South Mountain Reservation and Watchung Reservation).
- There are 332 churches nearby, including First Baptist Church, St Stephen\'s Episcopal Church, and Congregation B\'Nai Israel.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 8.05% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.87% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- New Jersey has a very low average state income tax rate of 2.43%.
- The area has an average household income of $60,018, which is in the top 46% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $51,719, which is in the top 40% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $23,077, which is in the top 52% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $83,400 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,616 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,970 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 19.48%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 07088 has a very dense population density of 8,484.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 84.49%.