Senior Living in 07103 (Newark, NJ)
- 07103 has a SeniorScore® of 61, which is the 5th highest of any zip code in Newark, NJ.
- 07103 scores lower than the Newark, NJ average of 62.
- 07103 scores significantly lower than the New Jersey average of 76.
- 07103 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 7 hospitals nearby, including Umdnj University Hospital, Saint Michael\'s Medical Center, Inc, and Saint Michael\'s Medical Center.
- There are 31 senior living facilities in the area, including New Community Extended Care Facility, Sinai Post Acute Nursing and Rehab Center, and New Grove Manor.
- There are 3 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 28 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 142 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (17% of the total population).
- There are 51 golf courses nearby, including Weequahic Park Golf Course, Maplewood Country Club, and Hendricks Field Golf Course.
- There are no parks nearby.
- There are 113 churches nearby, including Williams W, Bethany Baptist Church, and Beulah Baptist Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 8.55% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.05% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- New Jersey has a very low average state income tax rate of 2.43%.
- The area has an average household income of $42,756, which is in the top 87% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $28,404, which is in the top 93% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $15,531, which is in the top 90% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $83,400 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,616 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,970 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 15.78%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 07103 has a very dense population density of 15,372.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very low education attainment of 72.34%.