Senior Living in 07106 (Newark, NJ)
- 07106 has a SeniorScore® of 64, which is the 2nd highest of any zip code in Newark, NJ.
- 07106 scores higher than the Newark, NJ average of 62.
- 07106 scores significantly lower than the New Jersey average of 76.
- 07106 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 5 hospitals nearby, including Va New Jersey Health Care System, East Orange General Hospital, and Irvington General Hospital.
- There are 38 senior living facilities in the area, including Jewish Federation Towers, Brookhaven Health Care Center, and Oakwood Towers.
- There are 6 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 20 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 133 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (20% of the total population).
- There are 53 golf courses nearby, including Maplewood Country Club, Essex County Country Club, and Crestmont Country Club.
- There are no parks nearby.
- There are 109 churches nearby, including Sacred Heart Church, Love of Jesus Family Church, and Holy Dove Christian Fellowship.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 8.55% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.05% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- New Jersey has a very low average state income tax rate of 2.43%.
- The area has an average household income of $58,730, which is in the top 48% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $46,282, which is in the top 53% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $22,176, which is in the top 57% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $83,400 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,616 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,970 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 17.51%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 07106 has a very dense population density of 21,963.5 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 83.25%.