Senior Living in 07112 (Newark, NJ)
- 07112 has a SeniorScore® of 61, which is the 5th highest of any zip code in Newark, NJ.
- 07112 scores lower than the Newark, NJ average of 62.
- 07112 scores significantly lower than the New Jersey average of 76.
- 07112 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Newark Beth Israel Medical Center and Irvington General Hospital).
- There are 31 senior living facilities in the area, including Jewish Federation Towers, Alaris Health at Essex, and New Community Extended Care Facility.
- There are 4 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 13 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 55 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (20% of the total population).
- There are 46 golf courses nearby, including Weequahic Park Golf Course, Suburban Golf Club, and Eighteen Hole Course at Galloping Hill Golf Course.
- There are no parks nearby.
- There are 59 churches nearby, including Canaan Baptist Church, Emanuel Baptist Church, and Clear View Baptist Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 8.55% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.05% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- New Jersey has a very low average state income tax rate of 2.43%.
- The area has an average household income of $50,018, which is in the top 71% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $39,231, which is in the top 72% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $20,154, which is in the top 69% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $83,400 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,616 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,970 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 18.44%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 07112 has a very dense population density of 14,506.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 81.32%.