Senior Living in 07114 (Newark, NJ)
- 07114 has a SeniorScore® of 71, which is the highest of any zip code in Newark, NJ.
- 07114 scores significantly higher than the Newark, NJ average of 62.
- 07114 scores lower than the New Jersey average of 76.
- 07114 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 20 hospitals nearby, including Trinitas Hospital, Newark Beth Israel Medical Center, and Saint James Hospital.
- There are 101 senior living facilities in the area, including TRMC Brother Bonaventure Extended Care & Rehab Center, New Community Extended Care Facility, and Amber Court of Elizabeth.
- There are 17 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 95 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 686 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (12% of the total population).
- There are 81 golf courses nearby, including Weequahic Park Golf Course, Suburban Golf Club, and Eighteen Hole Course at Galloping Hill Golf Course.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Lincoln Park and Snug Harbor Cultural Center & Botanical Garden).
- There are 392 churches nearby, including All Sts Reformed Episcopal Chr, St Columba\'s Church, and St Luke Ame Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 8.55% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.05% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- New Jersey has a very low average state income tax rate of 2.43%.
- The area has an average household income of $38,304, which is in the top 93% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $17,444, which is in the top 99% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $12,267, which is in the top 97% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $83,400 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,616 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,970 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 21.64%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 07114 has a dense population density of 1,980.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very low education attainment of 63.94%.