Senior Living in 07201 (Elizabeth, NJ)
- 07201 has a SeniorScore® of 72, which is the highest of any zip code in Elizabeth, NJ.
- 07201 scores significantly higher than the Elizabeth, NJ average of 61.
- 07201 scores lower than the New Jersey average of 76.
- 07201 scores the same as the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 17 hospitals nearby, including Trinitas Hospital, Newark Beth Israel Medical Center, and Trinitas Regional Medical Center.
- There are 89 senior living facilities in the area, including TRMC Brother Bonaventure Extended Care & Rehab Center, Carteret Senior Living, and Amber Court of Elizabeth.
- There are 14 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 93 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 660 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (18% of the total population).
- There are 78 golf courses nearby, including Weequahic Park Golf Course, Roselle Golf Club, and Eighteen Hole Course at Galloping Hill Golf Course.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Snug Harbor Cultural Center & Botanical Garden, Clove Lakes Park, and Lincoln Park.
- There are 367 churches nearby, including St John\'s Episcopal Church, Holy Rosary-St Michael\'s Roman, and New Zion Baptist Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 8.05% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.87% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- New Jersey has a very low average state income tax rate of 2.43%.
- The area has an average household income of $56,999, which is in the top 53% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $44,270, which is in the top 58% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $19,411, which is in the top 74% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $83,400 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,616 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,970 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.06%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 07201 has a dense population density of 3,951.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very low education attainment of 73.68%.