Senior Living in 07202 (Elizabeth, NJ)
- 07202 has a SeniorScore® of 55, which is the 4th highest of any zip code in Elizabeth, NJ.
- 07202 scores lower than the Elizabeth, NJ average of 61.
- 07202 scores significantly lower than the New Jersey average of 76.
- 07202 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Trinitas Regional Medical Center).
- There are 14 senior living facilities in the area, including Elizabeth Nursing and Rehab, Plaza Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, and TRMC Brother Bonaventure Extended Care & Rehab Center.
- There are 4 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 2 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 67 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (20% of the total population).
- There are 48 golf courses nearby, including Roselle Golf Club, Eighteen Hole Course at Galloping Hill Golf Course, and Suburban Golf Club.
- There are no parks nearby.
- There are 31 churches nearby, including St Hedwig\'s Roman Catholic Chr, St Anthony\'s Church, and Shiloh Baptist Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 8.05% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.87% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- New Jersey has a very low average state income tax rate of 2.43%.
- The area has an average household income of $51,752, which is in the top 66% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $43,802, which is in the top 59% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $18,317, which is in the top 80% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $83,400 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,616 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,970 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 12.32%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 07202 has a very dense population density of 17,614.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very low education attainment of 70.39%.