Senior Living in 07205 (Hillside, NJ)
- 07205 scores the same as the Hillside, NJ average of 72.
- 07205 scores lower than the New Jersey average of 76.
- 07205 scores the same as the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 9 hospitals nearby, including Newark Beth Israel Medical Center, Irvington General Hospital, and Union Hospital.
- There are 55 senior living facilities in the area, including Alaris Health at Essex, Jewish Federation Towers, and Carteret Senior Living.
- There are 8 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 46 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 340 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (24% of the total population).
- There are 64 golf courses nearby, including Eighteen Hole Course at Galloping Hill Golf Course, Suburban Golf Club, and Weequahic Park Golf Course.
- There are no parks nearby.
- There are 206 churches nearby, including Christ the King Church, St Catherine\'s Church, and First Timothy Miss Baptist Ch.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 8.05% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.87% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- New Jersey has a very low average state income tax rate of 2.43%.
- The area has an average household income of $71,021, which is in the top 27% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $54,180, which is in the top 35% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $26,432, which is in the top 34% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $83,400 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,616 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,970 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 16.14%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 07205 has a dense population density of 7,786.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 85.15%.