Senior Living in 07206 (Elizabeth, NJ)
- 07206 has a SeniorScore® of 58, which is the 3rd highest of any zip code in Elizabeth, NJ.
- 07206 scores lower than the Elizabeth, NJ average of 61.
- 07206 scores significantly lower than the New Jersey average of 76.
- 07206 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Trinitas Hospital and Trinitas Regional Medical Center).
- There are 13 senior living facilities in the area, including TRMC Brother Bonaventure Extended Care & Rehab Center, Amber Court of Elizabeth, and Carteret Senior Living.
- There are 3 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There is 1 fire station in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 65 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (14% of the total population).
- There are 45 golf courses nearby, including Weequahic Park Golf Course, Roselle Golf Club, and Eighteen Hole Course at Galloping Hill Golf Course.
- There are no parks nearby.
- There are 32 churches nearby, including Garlic Joseph H, St Peter & Paul Roman Catholic, and Immaculate Heart of Mary Chr.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 8.05% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.87% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- New Jersey has a very low average state income tax rate of 2.43%.
- The area has an average household income of $51,625, which is in the top 66% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $41,327, which is in the top 66% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $15,828, which is in the top 89% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $83,400 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,616 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,970 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 12.62%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 07206 has a very dense population density of 16,689.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very low education attainment of 67.77%.