Senior Living in 07208 (Elizabeth, NJ)
- 07208 has a SeniorScore® of 59, which is the 2nd highest of any zip code in Elizabeth, NJ.
- 07208 scores lower than the Elizabeth, NJ average of 61.
- 07208 scores significantly lower than the New Jersey average of 76.
- 07208 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Trinitas Regional Medical Center).
- There are 17 senior living facilities in the area, including Elmora Hills Health and Rehabilitation Center, Amber Court of Elizabeth, and Carteret Senior Living.
- There are 4 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 5 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 79 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (21% of the total population).
- There are 46 golf courses nearby, including Roselle Golf Club, Eighteen Hole Course at Galloping Hill Golf Course, and Suburban Golf Club.
- There are no parks nearby.
- There are 27 churches nearby, including Miller Milton G, Epworth United Methodist Chr, and Iglesia Ni-Cristo.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 8.05% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.87% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- New Jersey has a very low average state income tax rate of 2.43%.
- The area has an average household income of $67,315, which is in the top 32% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $48,635, which is in the top 47% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $24,348, which is in the top 44% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $83,400 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,616 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,970 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.94%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 07208 has a very dense population density of 17,758.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 79.16%.