Senior Living in 07304 (Jersey City, NJ)
- 07304 has a SeniorScore® of 62, which is the 6th highest of any zip code in Jersey City, NJ.
- 07304 scores lower than the Jersey City, NJ average of 68.
- 07304 scores significantly lower than the New Jersey average of 76.
- 07304 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 5 hospitals nearby, including Jersey City Medical Center, Christ Hospital, and Libertyhealth-jersey City Medical Center Campus.
- There are 28 senior living facilities in the area, including Liberty House Nursing Home, Jones Hall Associates, and Margaret Anna Cusack Care Center.
- There are 19 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 20 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 134 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (20% of the total population).
- There are 35 golf courses nearby, including Weequahic Park Golf Course, Silver Lake Golf Course, and Hendricks Field Golf Course.
- There is 1 park nearby (Lincoln Park)..
- There are 62 churches nearby, including Jerusalem Baptist Church, Monumental Baptist Church, and Mt Olive Baptist Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 7.51% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.67% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- New Jersey has a very low average state income tax rate of 2.43%.
- The area has an average household income of $58,818, which is in the top 48% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $42,956, which is in the top 62% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $22,451, which is in the top 55% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $83,400 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,616 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,970 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 13.09%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 07304 has a very dense population density of 22,014.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 80.36%.