Senior Living in 07422 (Highland Lakes, NJ)
- 07422 scores the same as the Highland Lakes, NJ average of 70.
- 07422 scores lower than the New Jersey average of 76.
- 07422 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (St Anthony Community Hospital).
- There are 9 senior living facilities in the area, including Americas Retirement Planning, The Chelsea at Bald Eagle, and Ellenville II Senior Housing.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 31 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 38 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (23% of the total population).
- There are 57 golf courses nearby, including Lake/Quarry Course at Great Gorge Golf Club, Spa Golf Club, The, and Wild Turkey Golf Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Wawayanda State Park, Abram S. Hewitt State Forest, and Wallkill River National Wildlife Refuge.
- There are 19 churches nearby, including Vernon United Methodist Church, Our Lady Queen of Peace Church, and St John Viannery Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 6.70% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.90% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- New Jersey has a very low average state income tax rate of 2.43%.
- The area has an average household income of $92,777, which is in the top 12% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $84,969, which is in the top 8% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $33,831, which is in the top 15% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $83,400 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,616 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,970 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 14.95%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 07422 has an average population density of 539.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 93.74%.