Senior Living in 07461 (Sussex, NJ)
- 07461 scores the same as the Sussex, NJ average of 69.
- 07461 scores lower than the New Jersey average of 76.
- 07461 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Saint Clare\'s Hospital/sussex and Bon Secours Community Hospital).
- There are 11 senior living facilities in the area, including Americas Retirement Planning, Crystal Run Village, and Westwind Manor.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 32 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 36 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (25% of the total population).
- There are 53 golf courses nearby, including Scenic Farms Golf Course, Spa Golf Club, The, and Lake/Quarry Course at Great Gorge Golf Club.
- There are 6 parks nearby, including Pleasant Acres Farm Campground, Wallkill River National Wildlife Refuge, and 84 RV Rentals & Service.
- There are 19 churches nearby, including Wantage United Methodist Chr, Sussex United Methodist Church, and Church of the Good Shepherd.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 6.70% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.90% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- New Jersey has a very low average state income tax rate of 2.43%.
- The area has an average household income of $88,080, which is in the top 14% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $79,541, which is in the top 10% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $30,268, which is in the top 22% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $83,400 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,616 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,970 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.60%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 07461 has a sparse population density of 232.5 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 93.05%.