Senior Living in 07462 (Vernon, NJ)
- 07462 scores the same as the Vernon, NJ average of 69.
- 07462 scores lower than the New Jersey average of 76.
- 07462 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Saint Clare\'s Hospital/sussex and St Anthony Community Hospital).
- There are 8 senior living facilities in the area, including Americas Retirement Planning, Westwind Manor, and Hope Gardens, Inc..
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 19 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 41 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (20% of the total population).
- There are 56 golf courses nearby, including Lake/Quarry Course at Great Gorge Golf Club, Spa Golf Club, The, and Wild Turkey Golf Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Wawayanda State Park, Wallkill River National Wildlife Refuge, and Abram S. Hewitt State Forest.
- There are 17 churches nearby, including Vernon United Methodist Church, Prince of Peace Lutheran Chr, and Littlehale Lawrence A.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 6.70% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.90% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- New Jersey has a very low average state income tax rate of 2.43%.
- The area has an average household income of $87,382, which is in the top 14% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $76,212, which is in the top 11% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $34,482, which is in the top 14% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $83,400 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,616 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,970 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.43%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 07462 has a sparse population density of 408.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 93.25%.