Senior Living in 07480 (West Milford, NJ)
- 07480 scores the same as the West Milford, NJ average of 70.
- 07480 scores lower than the New Jersey average of 76.
- 07480 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 18 senior living facilities in the area, including Milford Manor, The Chelsea at Bald Eagle, and Lakeland Health Care Center.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 27 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 49 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (28% of the total population).
- There are 91 golf courses nearby, including Bowling Green Golf Club, Sunset Valley Golf Course, and Darlington Golf Course.
- There are 6 parks nearby, including Norvin Green State Forest, Monksville, and Abram S. Hewitt State Forest.
- There are 22 churches nearby, including West Milford Presbyterian Chr, Glick, Gary B DDS - Glick Gary B DDS, and Christian Life Ctr.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 8.79% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.97% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- New Jersey has a very low average state income tax rate of 2.43%.
- The area has an average household income of $109,666, which is in the top 7% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $88,438, which is in the top 7% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $39,452, which is in the top 9% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $83,400 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,616 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,970 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.14%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 07480 has a sparse population density of 482.5 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 94.88%.