Senior Living in 07508 (Haledon, NJ)
- 07508 scores the same as the Haledon, NJ average of 72.
- 07508 scores lower than the New Jersey average of 76.
- 07508 scores the same as the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Barnert Hospital, Christian Health Care Center, and Wayne General Hospital.
- There are 49 senior living facilities in the area, including Van Dyk Park Place, Holland Christian Home, and Regency Gardens Nursing Center.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 33 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 250 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (25% of the total population).
- There are 71 golf courses nearby, including Preakness Hills Country Club, North Jersey Country Club, and Blue Course at Passaic County Golf Course.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Goffle Brook Park and High Mountain Park Preserve).
- There are 118 churches nearby, including Covenant Christian Ref Church, Meadowbrook Church, and Sixth Reformed Church.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 8.79% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.97% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- New Jersey has a very low average state income tax rate of 2.43%.
- The area has an average household income of $89,412, which is in the top 13% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $76,239, which is in the top 11% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $29,684, which is in the top 24% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $83,400 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,616 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,970 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.59%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 07508 has a dense population density of 4,444.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 85.58%.