Senior Living in 07512 (Totowa, NJ)
- 07512 scores the same as the Totowa, NJ average of 83.
- 07512 scores higher than the New Jersey average of 76.
- 07512 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 7 hospitals nearby, including Wayne General Hospital, Essex County Hospital Center, and St Joseph\'s Regional Medical Center.
- There are 90 senior living facilities in the area, including St Joseph\'s Home For Elderly, Elderlife, and Doctors Subacute Care.
- There are 8 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 72 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 519 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (32% of the total population).
- There are 86 golf courses nearby, including North Jersey Country Club, Blue Course at Passaic County Golf Course, and Preakness Hills Country Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including High Mountain Park Preserve, Goffle Brook Park, and Grover Cleveland Park.
- There are 188 churches nearby, including St James Roman Catholic Church, United Methodist Church, and Holy Cross Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 8.79% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.97% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- New Jersey has a very low average state income tax rate of 2.43%.
- The area has an average household income of $96,433, which is in the top 10% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $68,622, which is in the top 17% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $35,492, which is in the top 13% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $83,400 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,616 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,970 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.16%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 07512 has a dense population density of 2,739.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 81.26%.