Senior Living in 07628 (Dumont, NJ)
- 07628 scores the same as the Dumont, NJ average of 70.
- 07628 scores lower than the New Jersey average of 76.
- 07628 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 30 senior living facilities in the area, including Memory Care Living at Cresskill, Brightview Tenafly, and Care One at Cresskill.
- There are 7 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 13 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 49 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (28% of the total population).
- There are 69 golf courses nearby, including White Beeches Golf & Country Club, Haworth Golf Club, and Alpine Country Club.
- There are no parks nearby.
- There are 26 churches nearby, including Lutheran Church of Redeemer, Living Word Community Church, and St Mary\'s Catholic Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 8.29% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.76% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- New Jersey has a very low average state income tax rate of 2.43%.
- The area has an average household income of $94,391, which is in the top 11% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $84,682, which is in the top 8% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $34,541, which is in the top 14% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $83,400 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,616 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,970 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.50%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 07628 has a very dense population density of 8,809.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 91.09%.