Senior Living in 07640 (Harrington Park, NJ)
- 07640 scores the same as the Harrington Park, NJ average of 87.
- 07640 scores significantly higher than the New Jersey average of 76.
- 07640 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 5 hospitals nearby, including Pascack Valley Hospital, Rockland Children\'s Psych Ctr, and Rockland Psychiatric Center.
- There are 98 senior living facilities in the area, including The Buckingham at Norwood, Brookdale Emerson, and Sunrise of Old Tappan.
- There are 20 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 51 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 264 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (29% of the total population).
- There are 125 golf courses nearby, including Blue/Blue Course at Rockleigh Golf Course, White Beeches Golf & Country Club, and Haworth Golf Club.
- There are 6 parks nearby, including Palisades Interstate Park, Tallman Mountain State Park, and Tenafly Nature Center.
- There are 116 churches nearby, including Our Lady of Victory, Our Lady of Victories, and Community Church-Harrington Pk.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 8.29% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.76% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- New Jersey has a very low average state income tax rate of 2.43%.
- The area has an average household income of $150,272, which is in the top 2% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $112,171, which is in the top 2% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $52,116, which is in the top 4% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $83,400 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,616 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,970 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.58%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 07640 has a dense population density of 2,545.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 97.51%.