Senior Living in 07740 (Long Branch, NJ)
- 07740 scores the same as the Long Branch, NJ average of 62.
- 07740 scores significantly lower than the New Jersey average of 76.
- 07740 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Monmouth Medical Center).
- There are 20 senior living facilities in the area, including Monmouth Care Center, Jersey Shore Center, and Brandywine Senior Care.
- There are 5 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 12 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 63 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (22% of the total population).
- There are 23 golf courses nearby, including Deal Golf & Country Club, Suneagles Golf Course, and Old Orchard Country Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Seven Presidents Oceanfront Park and Joe Palaia Park Addition).
- There are 27 churches nearby, including St James Episcopal Church, Holy Trinity, and Jacobowitz Ym.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 6.89% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.63% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- New Jersey has a very low average state income tax rate of 2.43%.
- The area has an average household income of $78,189, which is in the top 20% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $52,461, which is in the top 38% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $30,535, which is in the top 22% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $83,400 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,616 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,970 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.24%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 07740 has a dense population density of 5,712.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 80.04%.