Senior Living in 07801 (Dover, NJ)
- 07801 scores the same as the Dover, NJ average of 68.
- 07801 scores significantly lower than the New Jersey average of 76.
- 07801 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Saint Clare\'s Hospital and Greystone Park Psych Hospital).
- There are 21 senior living facilities in the area, including Regency Grande Post-acute Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, Dwelling Place at St Clare\'s, and Greenbriar Fox Ridge.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 39 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 115 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (20% of the total population).
- There are 67 golf courses nearby, including Picatinny Golf Club, Peace Pipe Golf Club, and Rockaway River Country Club.
- There is 1 park nearby (Hopatcong State Park)..
- There are 40 churches nearby, including Purdy Samuel E, Mount Zion Baptist Church, and Sacred Heart Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 6.83% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.62% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- New Jersey has a very low average state income tax rate of 2.43%.
- The area has an average household income of $78,924, which is in the top 20% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $63,064, which is in the top 22% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $25,771, which is in the top 37% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $83,400 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,616 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,970 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.12%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 07801 has a dense population density of 2,590.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 76.92%.