Senior Living in 07803 (Mine Hill, NJ)
- 07803 scores the same as the Mine Hill, NJ average of 78.
- 07803 scores higher than the New Jersey average of 76.
- 07803 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 20 senior living facilities in the area, including Dwelling Place at St Clare\'s, Sunrise of Randolph, and Merry Heart Nursing Home.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 36 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 73 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (25% of the total population).
- There are 67 golf courses nearby, including Picatinny Golf Club, Rockaway River Country Club, and Peace Pipe Golf Club.
- There is 1 park nearby (Hopatcong State Park)..
- There are 31 churches nearby, including Purdy Samuel E, Resurrection Parish, and St Matthew the Apostle Rc.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 6.83% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.62% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- New Jersey has a very low average state income tax rate of 2.43%.
- The area has an average household income of $107,963, which is in the top 7% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $97,697, which is in the top 5% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $37,612, which is in the top 11% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $83,400 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,616 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,970 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.10%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 07803 has an average population density of 1,241.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 89.58%.