Senior Living in 07827 (Montague, NJ)
- 07827 scores the same as the Montague, NJ average of 73.
- 07827 scores lower than the New Jersey average of 76.
- 07827 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Saint Clare\'s Hospital/sussex and Bon Secours Community Hospital).
- There are 10 senior living facilities in the area, including Reve Belle Senior Living Center, Belle Reve Senior Living, and St. Joseph\'s Place.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 36 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 44 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (29% of the total population).
- There are 69 golf courses nearby, including Rock View Public Golf Club, Highpoint Golf Club, and Culver Lake Golf Course.
- There are 8 parks nearby, including High Point State Park, Rockview Valley Campground, and Pleasant Acres Farm Campground.
- There are 27 churches nearby, including First Presbyterian Church, United Methodist Church, and St Peter\'s Lutheran Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 6.70% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.90% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- New Jersey has a very low average state income tax rate of 2.43%.
- The area has an average household income of $71,580, which is in the top 27% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $64,942, which is in the top 20% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $28,782, which is in the top 26% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $83,400 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,616 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,970 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 15.03%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 07827 has a very sparse population density of 85.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 88.57%.