Senior Living in 07832 (Columbia, NJ)
- 07832 scores the same as the Columbia, NJ average of 80.
- 07832 scores higher than the New Jersey average of 76.
- 07832 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Pocono Medical Center).
- There are 18 senior living facilities in the area, including Clover Rest Home, Shawnee Ridge, and Golden LivingCenter - Stroud.
- There are 6 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 31 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 64 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (27% of the total population).
- There are 77 golf courses nearby, including Blair Academy Golf Course, Glenwood Golf Course, and Water Gap Country Club.
- There are 9 parks nearby, including Worthington State Forest, YMCA Camp Mason, and Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area.
- There are 20 churches nearby, including Bilyk Marcia K, First Presbyterian Church, and Vineyard Assembly of God.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 6.89% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.92% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- New Jersey has a very low average state income tax rate of 2.43%.
- The area has an average household income of $104,462, which is in the top 8% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $87,404, which is in the top 7% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $37,780, which is in the top 11% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $68,700 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $127,750 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,165 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 2.78%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 07832 has a very sparse population density of 83.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a low public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 93.42%.