Senior Living in 07843 (Hopatcong, NJ)
- 07843 scores the same as the Hopatcong, NJ average of 72.
- 07843 scores lower than the New Jersey average of 76.
- 07843 scores the same as the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 11 senior living facilities in the area, including Mt Arlington Senior Living, Merry Heart Nursing Home, and Dwelling Place at St Clare\'s.
- There are 3 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 22 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 67 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (24% of the total population).
- There are 53 golf courses nearby, including Lake Lackawanna Golf Course, Picatinny Golf Club, and Red/Gold Course at Flanders Valley Golf Club.
- There is 1 park nearby (Hopatcong State Park)..
- There are 28 churches nearby, including West Side United Methodist Chr, St Jude\'s Rc Church, and Our Lady of the Lake Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 6.70% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.90% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- New Jersey has a very low average state income tax rate of 2.43%.
- The area has an average household income of $93,098, which is in the top 12% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $88,121, which is in the top 7% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $35,808, which is in the top 13% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $83,400 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,616 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,970 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.57%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 07843 has a dense population density of 3,036.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 94.49%.