Senior Living in 07851 (Layton, NJ)
- 07851 scores the same as the Layton, NJ average of 83.
- 07851 scores higher than the New Jersey average of 76.
- 07851 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Newton Memorial Hospital).
- There are 11 senior living facilities in the area, including Homestead Rehabilitation and Health Care Center, Barn Hill Care Center, and Valley View Care Center.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 32 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 52 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (31% of the total population).
- There are 69 golf courses nearby, including Fernwood Hotel & Resort, Tamiment Resort & Conference Center, and Hidden Acres Golf Course.
- There are 8 parks nearby, including Bushkill Falls, Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area, and YMCA Camp Mason.
- There are 17 churches nearby, including Christ Episcopal Church, Jl Apter Jewish Meml Chapel, and Baleville Congregational Chr.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 6.70% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.90% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- New Jersey has a very low average state income tax rate of 2.43%.
- The area has an average household income of $94,365, which is in the top 11% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $82,813, which is in the top 8% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $32,942, which is in the top 17% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $83,400 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,616 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,970 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 15.07%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 07851 has a very sparse population density of 17.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 100.00%.