Senior Living in 07853 (Long Valley, NJ)
- 07853 scores the same as the Long Valley, NJ average of 73.
- 07853 scores lower than the New Jersey average of 76.
- 07853 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Hackettstown Regional Medical Center and Senator Garrett Hagedorn Hosp).
- There are 12 senior living facilities in the area, including Heath Village, Colonial Manor, and Little Brook Nursing and Convalescent Home.
- There are 4 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 13 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 69 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (24% of the total population).
- There are 65 golf courses nearby, including Panther Valley Golf & Country Club, Minebrook Golf Club, and Red/Gold Course at Flanders Valley Golf Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Hacklebarney State Park, Willowwood Arboretum, and Turkey Brook Park.
- There are 30 churches nearby, including St Mark\'s Parish, St Luke\'s Parish, and Zion Lutheran Church.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 6.83% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.62% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- New Jersey has a very low average state income tax rate of 2.43%.
- The area has an average household income of $164,327, which is in the top 2% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $127,727, which is in the top 1% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $55,369, which is in the top 3% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $83,400 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,616 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,970 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.02%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 07853 has a sparse population density of 393.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 97.04%.